WelcomeThese are the personal pages of Mehmet Yigit Gurdal. I am an Associate Professor of Economics at Bogazici University.
I graduated in 2009 with a PhD in economics from the University of Minnesota.
- "Measures of Individual Risk Attitudes and Portfolio Choice: Evidence from Pension Participants " with Tolga Umut Kuzubas and Burak Saltoglu Journal of Economic Psychology, forthcoming
- "Religiosity and Fairness Perceptions" with Ceyhun Elgin and Murat Yilmaz (2016). Journal of Neuroscience, Psychology, and Economics, 9(3&4), 182-199
- "Does time to Medicare eligibility affect the likelihood of being uninsured?" with Esra Eren Bayindir and Ismail Saglam (2015). Economics Bulletin, 35(3), 1589--1597
- "Lying about the price? Ultimatum bargaining with messages and imperfectly observed offers" with Nejat Anbarci and Nick Feltovich (2015). Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 116, 346--360
- "Truth-telling and Trust in Sender-Receiver Games with Intervention" with Ayca Ozdogan and Ismail Saglam (2014). Review of Economic Design, 18(2), 83--103
- "Why Blame?" with Joshua B. Miller and Aldo Rustichini (2013). Journal of Political Economy, 121(6), 1205--1247.
- "Religion, Income Inequality, and the Size of the Government " with Ceyhun Elgin, Turkmen Goksel and Cuneyt Orman (2013). Economic Modelling, 30(1): 225--234.
- "Deciding to Decide: Gender, Leadership and Risk-taking in Groups " with Seda Ertac (2012). Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 83(1): 24--30.
- "Demand for Decision Autonomy and Willingness to Take Responsibility in Risky Environments: Experimental Evidence " with Seda Ertac and Mert Gumren
- "Fines versus Imprisonment for the Issuance of Bad Checks: Evidence from a Natural Experiment in Turkey " with Ozan Eksi and Cuneyt Orman
- "An Experimental Study of the Investment Implications of Bankruptcy Laws " with Muruvvet Buyukboyaci, Arzu Kibris and Ozgur Kibris
- "Payoff inequity reduces the effectiveness of correlated-equilibrium recommendations " with Nejat Anbarci and Nick Feltovich
- "Preference Communication and Leadership in Group Decision-Making " with Seda Ertac
- "Cheap Talk with Simultaneous versus Sequential Messages" with Ayca Ozdogan and Ismail Saglam.
- "Personality, Group Decision-Making and Leadership" with Seda Ertac
The html code used in these pages is based on the original design by Paul Niehaus